Friday, November 6, 2009

Happy Hazelnut Christmas Coming Soon!

The entry hall display at Hazelnut in New Orleans

I stopped by one of my favorite shops anywhere, Hazelnut (5515 Magazine St., New Orleans).

Handsome Tom Cianfichi getting his store Hazelnut ready for
Magazine Street Retail Relief and the holiday season

Co-owned by Tom Cianfichi and Bryan Batt, it is one of the chicest stores around.
Tom was busy putting the final touches on this season's Christmas decor in time for this year's Magazine Street Retail Relief taking place this weekend.
Bryan is home in New Orleans on hiatus from shooting Mad Men, and sequestered somewhere in a secret location trying to meet the deadline for a book he's writing. It's a collection of short stories and memoirs, and I can hardly wait for it to come out.

Martini olive and sushi ornaments at Hazelnut! So cute!

Tom's Christmas windows have become THE shop windows to see in New Orleans. I can only compare it to the unveiling of Barneys windows in New York.

Some say napkin rings are out, but who could resist these black buckles at Hazelnut?


The staff (Katy and Ramsay) along with Tom haven't quite finished the windows. You know I will go back when they are and show them to you.

Foo dogs out? Not on your life when they are reinvented at Hazelnut in glam silver and gold


In the meantime the store is stocked with so many gorgeous, fun, and glam things for the holiday season.

Love these glitter reindeer wearing a fur piece around their necks!


I especially love the martini olive and sushi ornaments!

Sparkle plenty at Hazelnut in New Orleans

I just had to buy a little something, so I picked up this very spiffy peace sign cuff. Anything with a peace sign on it seems to be the gift to give this season. This bracelet was only $24.

Peace sign cuff I purchased at Hazelnut - only $24.
They also have peace sign earrings and rings



Call the folks at Hazelnut for prices on the things I've shown you (504) 891-2424, or check their web site HERE

Click on image to see more details.

14 comments:

  1. This store looks AWESOME!!! I dont remember seeing it the last time I was in NO! But when I go back I will have to stop by there!!

    Oh and I tried clicking the HERE link to go to their web-site but it didn't work. Just wanted to tell ya, I'm going to google it though and take a look.

    Great post and thanks so much for sharing! I love finding out about great places like this! Love the bracelet too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindsay,
    Thanks for telling me about the link - it's fixed now.
    And as ever, thanks for reading and commenting.
    xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. via e-mail:

    you are simply divine!
    xoxoxoxox,
    Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Early morning i Sweden...

    So glad I stumbled on your lovely lovely blog today, it's always nice to find other blogger out and about on the net!

    Sooooo nice!

    Peace & Love

    Agneta

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks soooo good! I wanna eat it....
    Wish I were there!
    Enjoy the coming season, must be lovely in your neighborhood!

    XX
    V.

    ReplyDelete
  6. VV-

    Thanks for this charming post.

    Worth the trip to N.O. just to see this wonderful shop.
    I think they are really into making people happy and joyful this Christmas...reindeer with fur wraps, olive and sushi ornaments...these are stylish store owners who have a great sense of wicked humor.
    It transcends the idea of Christmas and becomes a creative moment of joy. Happy days.
    cheers, www.thestylesaloniste.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab store.
    i love the martini olives.
    but best of all....
    i want to get the 'peace cuff' for my daughter.
    she will love it!!

    ..if she doesn't, i am wearing it!

    love you xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. who in the fuck is saying napkin rings are out?? THEY'RE out!! how can a napkin ring be out? they oughta be slapped. whoever they are!
    that store looks fun. i love those kinds of shops. especially at christmas time. great gifts for the ones you love. or yourself, hello peace cuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Happy Hazelnut Christmas...Dayum...it all sounds so adorably edible! And it IS...gorgeous Vamp...Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Renee,
    Get the peace cuff now! I'm sure they'll sell out soon, and tell them the Vamp sent you!
    xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do like that cuff !
    Peace & Love x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so happy you told me about this store; I've been up and down Magazine and never been in here, but now I will make sure I stop by next time I'm in NO. I WANT those foo dogs. They belong at my house...as does Tom Cianfichi, come to think of it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. via e-mail from Katy at Hazelnut:

    thank you so much..what a great blog!!! i read it all the time............katy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was in the store on Saturday and fell in love with the sushi and olives as well. I definitely plan to purchase them...every year I treat myself to a couple of fab ornaments from Hazlenut. My own holiday tradition! Great post.

    ReplyDelete