Saturday, April 23, 2011

Ding Dong! Here's Your Flower Delivery

Hello everyone!
Here's a virtual flower delivery for you to wish you a Happy Easter.

All flowers and photos by Valorie Hart the Visual Vamp


I arranged the flowers in the photos for a recent photo shoot for a certain house you may recognize.

Silver ice bucket with white hydrangea


I have shopped fabulous wholesale flower markets all over the world: New York, New Orleans, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Madrid, Paris, Amsterdam...


But really the "super market" flower shops have changed how everyone can get great flowers very close to wholesale choices and prices.

When I had my event design business in New York, I would visually shop the great displays on the sidewalks of the Korean markets, and say "I could do a high end event using these flowers".



For this shoot I shopped a favorite we all use: Whole Foods. Usually tried and true, there was a glitch. Their flower delivery was out of whack because the delivery truck had an accident enroute. I said a silent prayer for the driver, and then considered the limited choices.



I do not like over the top florals in the home. I like flowers to be natural and simple. And I like to style them this way for photo shoots. The home should be the focus, not the flowers. Lots of stylists like to show off, but really, it's not about the stylist ha ha. I can make towering fabulous arrangements using every flower you can think of. It takes more effort to show restraint.


Perfect orange French tulips in a Newcomb pottery style vase


Simple bouquet of apricot color roses
Studded Lucite tray by Nicole Cohen of Sketch42



Two simple tulips let the furnishings be the star

I hope you are making pretty flower arrangements for your home for Easter and everyday.
Alberto and I send our very best wishes to all of you.

16 comments:

  1. Hi Valorie - Once again I agree whole heartily about restraint when arranging flowers. The simple bouquets are always the most loveliest. The apricot colored roses are stunning in the white vase. Wishing you an Alberto a very good Easter. Hugs to you both, x Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spotted a potted Easter lily at the farm today - think I will head back out and pick one up..Happy Easter flowers to you! Wishing you and Albert a hoppy day.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter! I love the orange tulips. I saw potted tulips last night at Walmart that were very tempting...I think I might go back and buy them today. My basket was so full I couldn't deal with another thing at the moment. We are finally getting a Whole Foods here. Everyone is very excited about it. I've actually never been in one. They are building the building for it now. So soon... I'll let to shop there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm afraid I must limit my flowers inside my home, it seems my cat loves them, I'm always worried if I don't choose well I'll poison him. But I love what you've done. Happy Easter to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Valorie!! I love these and adore a bouquet with just one or two flowers styles!

    You are so thoughtful. Oh and I still adore those curtains!

    Happy Easter!
    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfectly gorgeous and understated!
    (i like the apple too!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I am so in love with your place!
    Happy Easter to you and Alberto!
    Love, health and happiness!

    xoxo
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I realize the mistake, but it has so your touch!
    I am in love with your place too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Easter to you, Valerie. Your flowers are perfect. I happen to have chosen pale, pale pink hydrangeas this year and they are in my foyer in a beautiful old vertigre urn. Flowers totally transform a room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely florals...you dancing diva you! Happy easter...Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Valorie- I'm a guest for Easter, but I brought brownies topped with primroses I molded out of pastel colored fondants. Yummy flowers!

    Love your flower approach!

    Happy Easter!

    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this Valorie...I'm with you, just an accent here and there. I bought some white tulips at the grocery store, love them. I agree, Whole Foods is one of the best places to buy flowers, that's where I got all the flowers for my son's wedding!

    Renae via FB

    ReplyDelete
  13. i once heard that Kroger is the largest florist in the world. Don't know if it is true. I was at the International Flower Market near Amsterdam just last week for the third time. Love that crazy place!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love flowers. They just brighten up any room and definitely brighten up my mood!
    xoxo
    Lila Ferraro

    ReplyDelete
  15. * PRETTY, pretty Val... and I ADORE those bird plates!!!... "Me wantum"!!! (Smile!)...

    Hugs,
    Linda in AZ *
    bellesmom1234@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. what an inspired project and well worth it. looks stunning. every picture is more beautiful than the next. thanks for another inspired post. if you get a free second stop by and check out pics from LA's hottest event held last night. The fash is bananas. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    Don't forget to follow on twitter for all the latest celeb fashion news.

    http://twitter.com/#!/FashBoulevard

    ReplyDelete