Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Tangerine Tango

I have been predicting that orange would be the color of the year for 2012, and it's getting closer! Pantone announced its Spring 2012 colors, with Tangerine Tango at the top of the list. It's a vivid orange, but not garish or neon. The new 2012 Spring colors are fashion trend forecasts, but as we all know fashion and home decor are linked like two hot tango dancers.


You know I love the name of this orange: Tangerine Tango. I use orange a lot in my home, and for decor and styling jobs. And I wear it too. The orange Hermes box has been a color inspiration for years and years.

Go HERE to see a great round up using Hermes boxes


After the last two years of turquoise and hot pink being the colors of their respective years, I feel it's time for orange to be next.




You can use Tangerine Tango as an accent to infuse a little energy into a room. Orange is actually a very easy color to introduce into a room.






You could go big and paint a room in Tangerine Tango. An entrance hall would look pretty fabulous, and bedroom would certainly be spicy.




Orange pairs well with pink, so if you went for the 2011 color of the year,  just add something orange.



And if you did the 2010 color of the year, adding orange is easy peasy.

Valorie Hart interior design HERE

So what to do  you think? Will Tangerine Orange be the 2012 color of the year?

Pantone top colors for Spring 2012



Please add my NEW address to your blog list:
http://thevisualvamp.bogspot.com
And please become a Follower

5 comments:

  1. I like the orange, especially this time of year.
    Much more than the pink and turquoise. Those of us who have men living in the home have to consider that when decorating. My husband would not sit in a hot pink living room but I think he would be comfortable with the orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's got my vote, you know I love some urnge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read an article that said "women of a certain age" should wear a touch of orange near the faces. It adds a youthful glow. By the way, the same article said we should avoid black around our faces because it makes us look too harsh. But, I digress.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tangerine orange and am looking for some curtains.......4 panels.... just like the ones in your room....hint hint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm afraid of it - orange that is.
    I know, I'm a wuss.
    Interested in Janette's comment (above)
    though, might have to try that touch of
    orange near the face thing!

    p.s. We have no Target.
    :(

    ReplyDelete