Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Are Intaglios Still Trending?

There was a big buzz about framed intaglios in 2009, especially from Holly from Things That Inspire. Go check out her posts about them for a really good round up of photos and descriptions of what intaglios are. I met Holly a couple of years ago in Atlanta, and while I was there Renae Moore took me around to the antique shops, and there were a ton of framed intaglios for sale. They were hot.

Michael Pelkey gave me this box of intaglios - And yes, he calls me Celeste

Last year my dear friend Michael Pelkey sent me a batch of hostess gifts, and among them was a box of intaglios! I didn't know what to do with them so I tossed them in with some shells and bones on a tray, until the other day.


Framed intaglios that Holly from Things That Inspire sells HERE

I have often thought about having them framed, or getting a shadow box and doing it myself, but it's one of those things that just was not on the vampy radar. The other day I was cleaning out the tray they were on, and a mirror with a deep white frame caught my eye. It was part of a collection of mirrors that I recently took down, and it was destined for storage or a yard sale.

I attached intaglios to a framed mirror

Out came the glue gun, and I attached the intaglios to the mirror! They look very pretty, and so I found a place on my already too crowded walls to hang them. Only two years-plus after the trend ha ha.

First I hung them on a door....

...then I tried them over the etagere filled with books

I like them best here! They go well with books.

There are a lot of decor trends that come and go. Confess! I bet you have a few knocking around.

Holly had a framed intaglio on her book shelf


Love them hung as a grouping over the bed


Please add my NEW address to your blog list
http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower

4 comments:

  1. Love what you did with yours and where you hung them!. I still wouldnt mind having a collection in my DR.
    You da bestest!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they would make a lovely statement necklace linked on a heavy gold chanel like chain.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am highly impressed to see the elegant frame work of this post. As the contents and features of this post are superbly looking just mind blowing and magnificent about it. Thanks for sharing.

    picture framing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours look great on the mirror. I also love PVE's suggestion to make them into a necklace. I've had 6 mid-size chalk boards that I've been planning to use to frame my intaglios although it's still in progress... You've given me inspiration to finish.

    ReplyDelete