Thursday, December 1, 2011

French Directoire Daybed For Sale

I have a wonderful antique French daybed for sale. Anything can be shipped, but it would be so great if someone within driving distance of New Orleans would like to have it. I am selling it for $600. firm.

Directoire Daybed for sale - $600. firm - contact me by email

The Directoire style was primarily established by the architects and designers Charles Percier (1764–1838) and Pier François Léonard Fontaine (1762–1853). In its use of Neoclassical architectural form and decorative motifs the style anticipates the slightly later Empire style.

I can see this daybed in a kids room or nursery. It is very solid. Here are some photos to inspire you.

Antique daybed in the nursery

Antique daybed in the nursery - It mixes well with modern - The daybed I am selling would be perfect

Daybed in the nursery - Great for late night feedings

Daybed in the nursery - classically French

Modern Directoire style daybed from Restoration Hardware

Directoire Style crib from Restoration Hardware
The antique daybed mixes well in any modern room. The one I am selling would be fantastic. Take a look at some daybeds used in more modern rooms.

The daybed I am selling could look like this in a room

Simple and pretty daybed idea

The daybed can tuck in anywhere

Nothing beats an antique daybed for romance

The classic modern daybed from West Elm

Style up my daybed like this


Add a canopy over a daybed - it's been done for 400 years! Daybeds are perfect for kids rooms

Wisteria sells these daybed like headboards - You could use my daybed this way - I used the two ends as a king size headboard

I used the Directiore daybed I am selling as a king size headboard

I always wanted to paint my daybed - You could do it when you own it!

Use a daybed on a porch or covered patio - How perfect for the sleeping porch!

Here's the daybed I am selling mounted on the wall as a headboard


You can get the rails from Restoration Hardware, or retro fit them in another way - I don't have the rails - I would try this system if  I had room to set up a daybed in my house - If you are in New Orleans, contact Elaine Bush from Bush Antiques who specializes in French antique beds - she might have some rails for sale

So please contact me if you would like the daybed that I am selling, or please pass the information along to someone who could use it. Dealers and designers welcome. It's a great piece at a great price! Thanks!


Please add my NEW address to your blog list:
http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower

4 comments:

  1. Valorie I wish I loved closer!! I would love to replace a loveseat I have with a gorgeous daybed like yours!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valorie, thanks so much for the inspirational daybed post. My husband happened to inherit a daybed from his mother. It's covered in a 1960's harvest gold, rust and avacado floral print that has been a thorn in my side since the day it was brought into the house. I have slipcovered it and it makes for nice seating in the basement pool room. After seeing these photos, I am seeing it in a whole new light and you've given me some great ideas for updating it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, that's "pool table" room. We don't have a pool......:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had a place for it...so lovely! Can't wait to see what you put in its place!

    (AT fabric came today! woohoo!)

    xoR

    ReplyDelete