Monday, December 19, 2011

Getting To The Root Of The Tree Trunk Table

Blog buzz about the tree trunk dining table seen in Elle Decor in the editorial about the New York apartment of Ashley Stark.  Her apartment has the right mix of luxury and femininity incorporating elements of modern and vintage and art into the winning combination that has taken over the design and decor world.

Groundworks did the dining table for Ashley. I also had Groundworks make a table for me. Well, actually for one of my clients HERE

The Groundworks table I ordered for a client

The bleached root zinc top dining table by Groundworks that I saw in Elle Decor

I was attracted to the table when I saw it Elle Decor in the What's Hot feature. The client hired me to infuse energy into her ten year old interiors, loving the way I mix the old and the new. The dining table was an exciting one-of-a-kind piece that we both loved.

Groundworks table in New Orleans - interior design Valorie Hart - Vintage Milo Baughman chairs (from David Katz) covered in Kelly Wearstler fabric, vintage Murano lamps on French antique sideboard, Serge Moullie chandelier, Louis St. Lewis paintings flank antique trumeau mirror


I prefer the table using the bleached white root of the tree, rather than using two trunks. I also prefer the oval shape. Using the asymmetrical root calls for a visually exciting cantilevered design,

That being said, the table in Ashley Stark's dining room works in her very pretty dining room.

I found a similar one on eBay for you.

Tree trunk table for sale on eBay - Not as graceful as the tables from Groundworks, but at $599. a very good deal - Groundworks tables retail around $7000.


What works in both dining rooms is the use of an iconic modernist overhead fixture, a pair of vintage style lamps on a not-new sideboard,  and mixing antiques, with vintage, and modern elements.


Ashley Stark dining room -
A Jean de Merry light fixture hangs above a dining table by the Groundwork Group and 18th-century Italian chairs; the mirror is vintage, the cabinet is by Tommi Parzinger, and the hand-painted wall­paper and cowhide rug are from Stark.
Photographer: Eric Piasecki

Groundworks tree root table -- interior design Valorie Hart

Jenny Andrews did a nice mood board with ideas to get the room du jour.

email me if you'd like me to create a dining room as fabulous as the one I did in New Orleans for you.

Jenny Andrews tells you how to get the Ashley Stark look in your dining room



Please add my NEW address to your blog list:
http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower

4 comments:

  1. love the one you had made, valorie. fantastic oval shape. donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would kill for that GW table. it's spectacular.
    and thank you ladypants. for the mention.

    xoxox
    j

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Valorie!!!!
    I Love these guys work! I swa at market in NYC. some of their pieces are HUGE... Like the one you got for your client..... They also do some great stuff with old marble...... You and Alberto have a great Holiday!!!Maryanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valorie,

    Merry, Merry!

    Birds of a Feather, I say! My Sunday post was all about "stump tables", as I call them, including your Ground Works table and Christmas nuts.

    Best to you from your Mississippi neighbor

    ReplyDelete