Friday, April 13, 2012

The Arty Kitchen

I know you all do it. Put art in the kitchen. It's not like our grannies or moms used to do, decorating the wall with the huge wooden spoon and fork. I love art all through the house. It is especially interesting to see what ends up in the kitchen.

This is my kind of arty kitchen

So here's a little round up to inspire you to get some art for your kitchen.

I love me some Audrey in the kitchen

Clutter crazy good

Restrained and elegant

Trendy and cute

Black and white  - Love it

Nobody does it better than Nicole Cohen

Just a little piece of art on the counter top adds so much

Ditto on open shelves

Love the gallery wall all along where the back splash usually is

Yellow mod painting is so chic

Framed botanicals look amazing over the kitchen sink

The arty kitchen of a future decorator

Now go hang some art in your kitchen! And send me some photos of your kitchen with art. I haven't done a Readers Rooms post in like forever.

Please add my NEW address to your blog list:
http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this new blog

10 comments:

  1. Hello.........my dream kitchen! Love It all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful. I love art in the kitchen. I do have two prints on the walls in my kitchen but I have no other wall space or I'd have more. Great examples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that first photo....and, well...lots of them! I could do that with my kitchen with the small art on the open shelves. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the artsy (but definitely not fartsy) kitchens, Valorie! It's very hard to choose, but I think my pick is the 'restrained and elegant' this time, although I usually am NOT. Happy Spring Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love these. I'm trying to figure out how to send you a picture of a corner of my kitchen with the orignal painting, by my daughter, that's the inspiration for our whole room....?? I set the picture as my profile pic, so maybe you can see it. The black shelving unit was from my grandfather's optical shop in the early 60's. My husband painted it black and mounted it on the wall. Please ignore the pencil marks on the wall, they were for a project that we abandoned, but haven't repainted yet. Will pick a wall color close to the lightest grey in the painting. charcoal cabinets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw! Love seeing my home on your blog! That wall is empty now, need to make something new!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam,
    I would love to see your kitchen! Please email me a photo - mizvtheb@yahoo.com
    xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVELY PICS:) I really like your blog and will happily follow. If you want some swedish decor inspiration, you can check out my blog:)

    Have a great week.

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (Sweden)

    ReplyDelete
  9. FUN kitchens!
    Hope all is well with you!
    ENJOY!
    Fifi

    ReplyDelete