Monday, April 2, 2012

Do You Love Ballet Pink?

I have some cherry blossom branches arranged in the entry hall, and they have blown open. Each flower reminds me of a fat  ballet pink tutu.

The cherry tree branches with their ballet pink tutu blossoms in my entry hall

Ballet pink is that evocative color, the palest of pinks, almost with a flesh undertone.

You can get these pretty pink shoes on Etsy

As young dancer in training I wore my fair share of ballet pink slippers and tutus. I disliked the color as a child very much, much preferring the fiery mother color of red, or the severe black of a basic leotard or a pair of black fishnet dance tights the older girls got to wear.

Everything is beautiful at the ballet

Now, as I myself become more pale with growing older, I  have mellowed and love ballet pink as much as I see the beauty in any color.

Martha Stewart did the ballet pink nightstand, which has the perfect flesh undertone

So here's little ballet pink round up of images to ease us into Easter/Passover week. Get some branches with blossoms for your home this week.

Pink ballet costumes

Pink books

Pink bedding by Ralph Lauren

Ballet pink peonies

Ballet pink by Rachel Ashwell
Ballet pink in the dining room
Ballet pink living room
Ballet pink Domino
Please add my NEW address to your blog list:
http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this new blog

11 comments:

  1. I love how pink brings out my softer side--just looking at these beautiful images makes me feel a "kinder, gentler" person :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It happens to be my most fave color. calming. Don't have a lick of it in my house though. Those peonies...oh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love ballet pink, but with a housefull of men, it's difficult to sneak in. But I do! Have a wonderful Easter week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Martha Stewart ballet pink nightstand is EXACTLY the paint colour I'm looking for! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore ballet pink and actually compliments my skin tone well. None in my home though....I seem to gravitate to other colors. Great post Mz. V!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. And don't forget the soft glow of pink lightbulbs! Oh, so flattering....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why yes I do.
    Not a colour I can wear though - drains me.
    Lovely cherry blossoms.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am following again !
    I like pink things .. especially that pink diamond I saw not long ago .. hee hee.
    besitos !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that night stand is actually by Rie of Home & Harmony. It looks familiary to me. Anyway, lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i painted my bedroom an impossibly pale shade of pink called magnolia pink. it was a martha colour, no longer produced. i hope i can replicate it for some touch ups that i need to do.

    ReplyDelete