Thursday, May 3, 2012

My Patina Style

Steve and Brooke Giannetti coined the phrase '"patina style" in a beautiful book they wrote using that phrase as the title. Patina style is all about using things that show age and wear, that become more beautiful as the years pass. Kind of like girls my age ha ha.

I too, have always loved things with a patina. When I was a little girl I was always fascinated by things from "olden times". It gave me my first glimpse into wrapping my mind around the elasticity of time passing, and moving forward. That fascination grew into a life long appreciation and quite a few collections put together from antique shops, flea markets, and estate (yard and garage) sales.

Detail of Audrey painting by Ashley Longshore and print of Chanel bottle by Anne Harwell  of Annechovie

So every now and then I want to post a few photos I call The Vamp's Patina Style. Just little detail shots of things that seem charming to me.

Frayed satin slippers and frame fragment

I  am sure that you all have a version of your own patina style, with treasured objects and pieces of furniture.

Silk drape with frayed edge and rusty wheel on a cart - a cartwheel!

Paperweight in the form of a dead bird

Vintage skeleton anatomy chart from the 1960's

Necklaces draped on a cross

Stack of books on an iron table - I spy Patina Style that inspired me!

Now go out there and find some faded, rusted, crusty, frayed, chipped, fabulous patina style!

Please add my NEW address to your blog list:
http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this new blog

1 comment:

  1. Hi Valorie

    Your posts always bring a smile to my face! Your style and humor are infectious!

    ReplyDelete