Wednesday, September 5, 2012

What Are Design Bloggers All Time Favorites?

Certain things blow up the Internet with design bloggers. Right now the gold bookshelf or etagere is a hot item. Brass etageres were hot in the 1960's - 1970's, and hovered around in certain not as fashionable Golden Girls style homes for many years later. Billy Baldwin designed the best one ever made.

The best gold bookshelves ever designed were done by Billy Baldwin - go to my column at Houzz to see where you can get something similar

I would love to know what some of your favorite items are that you might have heard about or discovered via blogs. We've been through everything from Foo Dogs to Imperial Trellis to Mora clocks together. Do you you have any of the trends in your home that we all said J'dore to at one time?

The graphic style of the Beni rug is hot with bloggers - Here again is Billy B. doing it back in the day. He is my hero and my biggest inspiration. Go  to Houzz  and see the one I found for you that you can afford

One of my all time favorite rooms done by Billy Baldwin - Note the Beni rug

Global accents are hot, and this African table has made the rounds on design blogs. The tight back couch, and tufted everything has also been a a hot trend. I have two great ones over at Houzz for you to buy

Blue and white Chinese porcelain will never go out of style, and younger design bloggers are loving it and making it trend again - I have a collection of large ginger jars for under $200. at Houzz

Greek key anything is hot - I found a Greek key mirror for $99. Go check it out at Houzz

Oh Suzani! Bloggers made this textile a household name. I found a cute bedspread for under $25. that would dress up all of you decor mavens dorm rooms - Find it at Houzz


My column over Houzz this month has a list of 20 hot items that you can afford and where to buy them. Go check it out and tell me if you agree with the list, or have anything to add.

Please add my NEW address to your blog list:
http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time)




1 comment:

  1. Folks have been blogging about them for a while and I just picked up my own brass bar cart at an antique shop in Savannah this summer. I love it!

    ReplyDelete