Saturday, December 8, 2012

Scouting A Mid Century Gem

Do you have hundreds of photos just languishing in your camera, or computer (or tablet), or smart phone? Do you have so many that you forgot what you took photos of?

I took these when I was scouting this house. The house is a mid century gem with pretty much all glam furnishings. I did some work for the owner, but she wasn't too keen on having her home published. It's a pity, but at least I have a few scouting shots.

Wallpaper from the 1970's. custom made Chinese rugs with an emerald (2013 color of the year!) border, brass base coffee table, orange couch, and a monumental Chinoiserie lamp on a white and yellow lacquer end table

Campaign style chest with tortoise front drawers and black lacquer casing flanked by a pair of white Chinoiserie arm chairs, with a collection of brass statues from Thailand mounted on the wall, and Murano glass animals on top of the chest

Jonathan Adler would pee his pants - Grass cloth covered gallery wall of pictures made form clock parts

Now these are Foo Dogs!                         


Please add my NEW address to your blog list:
http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this new blog

2 comments:

  1. It has been some time since I visited website with such high quality information. country house plans Thank you so much for providing such helpful information. This is really informative and I will for sure refer my friends the same. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete